In this paper, Chris Lawer, Umio CEO, describes how a commonly used metaphor for health systems – ecosystems – can be applied more deeply and appropriately to:
- Obtain a better understanding of complex health system problems, their root causes and consequences
- Discover new transformative possibilities
- Build a portfolio of ecosystem value propositions, prior to investment or commitment in actual solutions
- Co-create smarter and more scalable interventions, technologies and solutions with actors, and improve the potential of existing ones in development
- Design and shape evolutionary and adaptive health ecosystem strategy
- Develop an organisational capability to do all the above repeatedly
The paper has been written for leaders in industry (whether pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, health IT or services), provider, academic, government and social innovation organisations seeking to transform complex health ecosystem problems, overcome risks and uncertainty, and improve outcomes with novel interventions, technologies and solutions.
Contact us to request a copy of this paper
The paper is no longer available for automatic download. Please contact us to request a copy.